Summer is starting to wind down, kids are getting ready to go back to hitting the books, parents are shopping for school supplies, cookies are being baked and locals in Santa Cruz are still hitting the beach. While school is quickly approaching, we in Santa Cruz are lucky enough to get to embrace our favorite time of the year, September. As the Earth Wind & Fire song goes, “say do you remember…dancing in September…never was a cloudy day.” Thank goodness this means that summer really isn’t coming to an end just yet and we can still enjoy all our favorite seasonal flavors. Even if you aren’t living in Santa Cruz, or can visit anytime soon, we can bring Santa Cruz to you by going to Pacific Cookie Company’s website!
We at Pacific Cookie Company think that one of the most refreshing summer flavors is lemon, and lucky for us and you, we make a delish Lemon Drop cookie that will make you think it’s summer no matter where you are or what season it may be. On of our favorite employees, Ashley makes a mean Ice Cream Sandwich using Lemon Drop cookies and raspberry sorbet. This is seriously one of the most refreshing and flavorful desserts I’ve ever had and a super simple recipe to follow. You can even drizzle Chambord on it!!
HOLY TASTE BUDS BATMAN!
Her recipe goes as follows:
- Depending on size party, whether personal or large, 2-24 Lemon Drop cookies
- Raspberry sorbet (we used Marianne’s Raspberry Sorbet)
- Raspberries for garnish
- Chambord (optional)
- Warm up cookies.
- Put a scoop of raspberry sorbet, fresh raspberries on one side of the cookie.
- Place other cookie on top of cookie with sorbet scoop and squish down.
- If you don’t want to make an ice cream sandwich, just put a scoop on a cookie and top it with raspberries.
- If you are over 21 years of age, add a drizzle of Chambord. (YUM!)
If you don’t have the time to put these together, no problem! Come on down to our bakery in downtown Santa Cruz at 1203 Pacific Ave and we will make them for you.