- Pick a spot that has part sun part shade. That way your food can hang out in the shade and not get too hot and you can enjoy some sunshine.
- Don’t forget a blanket or towel, especially if you choose some grass that may be damp or a sandy beach.
- For food bring some fruit, grapes, strawberries, or blueberries (something easy that you don’t have to slice or cut up).
- Grab some sandwich rolls, sliced meats/veggies and slap your sandwich together at your destination so your sandwich doesn’t get soggy.
- Bring napkins, utensils, and even wet naps if you’ve got them.
- Plastic or reusable non-glass cups are a must, especially because some parks do not allow glass containers.
- Games are always fun, whether you bring cards, dominoes, ladder golf, or a frisbee or two (check out the De LaVeaga Disc Golf Course).
- Bring a trash bag. Don’t forget to throw away your trash!
- And last but not least, pick up some cookies from our downtown retail bakery at 1203 Pacific Ave to make your picnic extra sweet!
Here are some fun places around Santa Cruz to enjoy a picnic:
De LaVeaga Disc Golf Course
Pleasure Point Beach
Medicine Buddha Loop
Henry Cowell Redwoods
Seymour Marine Discovery Center
This is a great way to enjoy your lunch break outside work, or to clear your mind and enjoy your surroundings.
What are your favorite spots to hang out around Santa Cruz and enjoy a picnic??